Affordable Services with no Loss in Quality or Customer Service
Guide to choosing the right shower door for you
There are many things to consider when choosing a new shower enclosure. During the planning stages of your project the following are some things to consider.
Planning and Preparing
- Make certain that the door curb as well as any seats or ledges are slightly sloped to the inside of the enclosure. By doing so, no water will stand or leak out of the shower area.
- Any adjacent doors, such as closet doors, should be considered, so as to not impede the operation of the shower door.
- Consider the direction of the shower head, when planning door placement. Direct spray to the door is not recommended.
- Make sure to put a double stud on the wall where door will hinge for structural support
- If wanting the finished product to be totally frameless (without a header) plan to put hinges to the door on a wall.
Frameless or Framed Shower Door?
Most clients choose our frameless glass shower doors because it is a nice clean look. Many clients even change out their framed shower doors for the frameless because it gives your bathroom a modern modern look.
Clear or Patterned Glass?
Would recommend going with the clear glass because most people spend a lot more money on their tile work and so you would want to see the nice.
Traditional or contemporary hardware?
For the most part, the majority of our clients tend to match the type of hardware they have in their bathroom. However, this is completely up to you and your design taste.
- Build to last a lifetime
- 3/8” or 1/2” thick glass
- Clean look (you can see beautiful tile work through glass)
- No metal framing
- 3/16” thick glass
- Aluminum framing around the perimeter of all glass
- 3/16” thick (framed)
- 1/4” thick (framed)
- 3/8” thick (frameless)
- 1/2” thick (frameless)
- Clear (green tint)
- Starfire ( blue tint)
- Etched or Frosted
- Rain glass
- Many more option available
- Contemporary Finishes
- Over 30 finishes to choose from, including Chrome, Brushed Nickel and Oil Rubbed BronzeExtras
- Towel Bars
- Towel Bar/Handle Combinations
- Towel Hooks